Available with any of the following subscriptions, except where noted:
- OurPeople Communicate
- OurPeople Operate
Creating or joining a chat in OurPeople allows you to connect with colleagues and team members. Depending on your access level, you can message individuals, create group chats, or join existing chat topics. When creating a chat group, you can name it and select members to join the conversation. If you've left or deleted a chat, you can rejoin as long as other users haven't deleted it.
Steps to Creating or Joining Chat:
Open the "Chat" section in the OurPeople mobile app.
Tap the "+" symbol to access more chat features such as Create a Chat or Join a Topic.
Create New Chat:
1. Select an individual's name for a Private Chat or select New Group Chat for a Group Chat.
2. For group chat, pick the team members you want to include.
3. Tap "Next." Name the Group Chat: Give it a name and remember it is visible to all members.
Rejoin or Recover a Chat:
1. If you Hide or Delete a chat you can rejoin if others haven't deleted the Chat.
2. Hidden chats, reappear when someone else sends a message in that chat.