Mobile App Users are able to view files and useful documents via the OurPeople app. The "Files" tab of the OurPeople Web App allows Global Users and Team Admins the ability to add and organize a variety of Files and control who can view each file or folder using Tags for permissions.
Add Permissions to a File/Folder
To access the files screen: From the navigation menu, select Files.
Create a New File/Folder:
The "New" button allows an Admin to upload a new File or Folder.
There are two types of Files within the OurPeople system.
- Files- a specific file, such as a Word Document or PDF. Example "Quick links.pdf" within the above image.
- Folders- a collection of Files. Example "Manager Files" within the image below.
Double Clicking on a Folder will show the user its contents. To navigate back, click "Files" at the top of the screen.
There are a range of file types that you can upload onto OurPeople. The main file types we recommend using are pdf, word, mp4, mp3 and csv.
For the full list of compatible file types, see below.
- Audio: ogg, opus, mp3, m4a, wav
- Image: bmp, eps, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, svg, webp
Video: 3gp, avi, mpg, mpeg, mp4, m4v, mov, webm, wmv, mkv
- Microsoft Office: docx, xlsx, pptx
OpenOffice: fodt, odt, fods, ods, fodp, odp
Apple: key, numbers, pages
Menu options for File/Folder:
There are three types of File Options within the OurPeople system.
- Permissions- Mobile App Users are able to view files and useful documents via the OurPeople app. The "Files" tab of the OurPeople Web App allows Global Admin and Team Admin the ability to add and organize a variety of Files and control who can view each file or folder using Tags for permissions.
- Rename - When a File is uploaded it automatically retains the name of the File as it was on the user's computer. From time to time the user may wish to rename the file so that it is easier for the Team Member to locate it in the OurPeople mobile app.
- Delete- Both files and folders can be deleted using the OurPeople Web App. Caution should be taken when deleting a folder to make sure important content is not lost.
Adding Permissions to a File/Folder:
To add Permissions to a File/Folder click on the 3 dot menu and choose Permissions. You will then be prompted to use our Audience filter, the same filter used in Broadcasts and Forms, to narrow down the Audience you'd like to view this selected File/Folder.
You are able to preview your Audience to ensure the correct Team members have the ability to see or not see this information.
Rename a File/Folder:
To Rename a File/Folder click on the 3 dot menu and choose Rename. You will then be prompted to type in the desired name. To finalize renaming the selected File/Folder, click 'Save'.
Deleting a File/Folder:
To Delete a File/Folder click on the 3 dot menu and choose Delete. You will then be prompted to type in 'permanently delete' to finalize deleting the selected File/Folder.
Article is closed for comments.